- Political Anthropology; Religion and Nationalism; Contemporary Jewish Communities in Israel and in the U.S.
I am interested in ways that religious communities change. My current research considers this question through the case of liberalOrthodox Jews in Israel who propose alternatives to dominant modes of publicJudaism through activism and in community life.
- MA (cum laude) - Sociology and Anthropology, Tel-Aviv University
- BA (cum laude) - Anthropology, Hunter College, City University of New York
Distinctions / Awards
- Gendell Family and Shiner Family Dissertation Fellowship, Program in Jewish Culture and Society
- Graduate Research Award, American Academy for Jewish Research
- Dissertation Fieldwork Grant, Wenner-Gren Foundation