I am a PhD student in Biological Anthropology. I am interested in host-microbe interactions and how human and non-human primates have evolved to maintain their mutual relationship with their native microbiome.
- Host-microbe co-evolution, Primate health and conservation, Evolutionary genetics
- MSc in Environmental Sciences (Conc. in Habitat and Wildlife), Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- BSc in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tehran
Distinctions / Awards
- Franklin Mosher Baldwin Fellowship, Leaky Foundation, USA: $15000 for my third year of PhD studies at UIUC, May 2017
- Summer Research Award, Department of Anthropology, UIUC, USA: $3000 for conducting a preliminary study of my dissertation, Apr 2017
- Teaching Excellence Award, UIUC, USA: Ranked excellent (higher than 4.5/5) for teaching the Biological Anthropology (ANTH 240) in Spring 2016, Apr 2017