08/09/2018 - YALBAC RANCH, Belize – The jungles of central Belize contain thousands of species of insects, birds, reptiles, mammals, trees and flowers.
08/09/2018 - According to a new study published this month by Paul Garber and colleagues in PeerJ, while wild primates occur in 90 countries, 65 percent of wild primate species live in just four countries—Brazi
- Highlighting Illinois researchers in clinical and translational neuroscience with unique approaches to improving neurological function and brain health
07/23/2018 - Dr.
- Study: Two ancient populations that diverged in the Americas later reconverged Finding by anthropologist challenges previous research
06/12/2018 - A new genetic study of ancient individuals in the Americas and their contemporary descendants finds that two populations that diverged from one another 18,000 to 15,000 years ago remained apart for
05/13/2018 - On April 20, 2018 Professor of Anthropology Jane Desmond, a specialist in human-animal relations, published an Op Ed on CNN.com highlighting the dangers of the Opioid epidemic for police dogs and
04/09/2018 - UIUC Anth. Dept Statement:
03/07/2018 - Kathryn Clancy, professor of anthropology, has testified before the U.S.
02/22/2018 - "Both anthropology and computer science majors are problem-solvers by nature, said UIUC's Anthropology Professor Jessica Greenberg, director of undergraduate studies.
02/02/2018 - TIMOTHY PAUKETAT | Anthropology Professor, Associate Director of Research, Illinois State Archaeological Survey
- The man who found Lucy Donald Johanson wins the 2017 College of LAS Alumni Achievement Award for major discoveries on human origins
10/26/2017 - Johanson (BA, '66, anthropology) spotted the fragment of an elbow sticking from the ground, and he immediately recognized that it came from a human skelet
- Congratulations to Dr. Petra Jelinek and Alexandra J. Zachwieja (PhD Candidate|Biological Anthropology) who successfully organized and instructed students at this year's 4H Academy in Anthropology during the last week of June.
- Anthropology Doctoral Student Nicole Cox wins the Graduate Student Paper Prize at 2017 Central States Anthropological Society Meetings
07/14/2017 - Nicole Cox wins the Graduate Student Paper Prize at 2017 Central States Anthropological Society Meetings for her p
- Dr. David W. Plath, Emeritus, Department of Anthropology. New documentary film So Long Asleep; waking the ghosts of a war