10/26/2017 - Johanson (BA, '66, anthropology) spotted the fragment of an elbow sticking from the ground, and he immediately recognized that it came from a human skelet
- The man who found Lucy Donald Johanson wins the 2017 College of LAS Alumni Achievement Award for major discoveries on human origins
- Congratulations to Dr. Petra Jelinek and Alexandra J. Zachwieja (PhD Candidate|Biological Anthropology) who successfully organized and instructed students at this year's 4H Academy in Anthropology during the last week of June.
- Anthropology Doctoral Student Nicole Cox wins the Graduate Student Paper Prize at 2017 Central States Anthropological Society Meetings
07/14/2017 - Nicole Cox wins the Graduate Student Paper Prize at 2017 Central States Anthropological Society Meetings for her p
- Dr. David W. Plath, Emeritus, Department of Anthropology. New documentary film So Long Asleep; waking the ghosts of a war
- New book by Professors Virginia Dominguez and Jane Desmond published by the University of Illinois Press.
06/27/2017 - Read more about this book at the University of Illinois Press page for this book.
06/09/2017 - The American Association of Physical Anthropologists (AAPA) have selected Dr. Lyle Konigsberg as the next Editor-in-Chief of the Yearbook of Physical Anthropology.
- Professor Helaine Silverman awarded the Sheth Distinguished Faculty award for International Achievement
03/14/2017 - Professor Helaine Silverman has been awarded the Sheth Distinguished Faculty award for International Achievement for her teaching, research, and acts of public service.
02/28/2017 - Read about doctoral students Matthew Go and Amanda Lee's work in Manila at "Grad Life: A behind the scenes look at the graduate experience at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign." T
02/09/2017 - Click here for more information and an app
02/08/2017 - Read more here about Chris Nixon's path from anthropology major at UIUC to Interaction
01/24/2017 - Read more about this book here or at the University of Florida Press page for this
01/20/2017 - Anthropology alumnus Batamaka Somé puts his degree to work bringing relief to developing communities