While majoring in Athropology, students must select one of the following concentrations in consultation with an advisor:
- General Anthropology Concentration (4 field)
- Archaeology Concentration
- Human Evolutionary Biology Concentration
- Sociocultural and Linguistic Anthropology Concentration
- "Coming Soon" - 5 yr BA/MA in Anthropology + European Union Studies Certificate in Museum Studies (18 credits)
Anthropology is the study of historical and contemporary cultural and linguistic diversity throughout the world. It is a broad field covering four areas or subfields: socio-cultural anthropology, the study of contemporary societies; archaeology, the study of the material remains of past societies; linguistic anthropology, the study of talk and text; and biological anthropology, the study of human evolution and human biological diversity. At the University of Illinois, we specialize in all four of these areas.